Sunday, October 27, 2013

CRITIQUE ON 9/23 FINISHED SILHOUETTES

I cannot spell silhouettes.

Anyway, by and large things went very well.  The biggest concern was confidence in my painting, as some areas in the hair of one figure were too choppy and did not relate well with the actual texture of the hair.  By and large, this idea of more conscious line-making is something I've been working on, as I hate extra baggage and find my work is better when I use confident, simple lines.

Also, the color choice on the sleeping figure was off.  I'm not very skilled at painting just yet, so sometimes I rely on stylizing the colors, and so the skin appears almost cool and dead, especially next to the vibrating red/orange I used in the hair.  The skin would have looked better if their hair had also been cooled down and muted to reflect that it was night time.

No comments:

Post a Comment